You can now import posts into Canny boards via CSV files!
This is great for companies brand new to Canny or for a new team at your company that wants to use Canny.
Have a backlog of ideas in a spreadsheet somewhere? Here's your chance to import it directly into Canny.
How it works
- Prepare your .CSV file. Only one field is required: post title. If you're moving from a different tool, you can usually export your data. If a CSV export isn't an option, you should be able to convert it by using something similar to this JSON to CSV converter.
- Head to your board settings, and select the "Import Data" tab.
- Upload your CSV file.
- Make sure the column headings align with the data in each. Make sure you toggle "First row is the header" if you have a header so we don't import that as a separate post.
- Any statuses that don't align with our predefined statuses (Open, Under Review, Planned, In Progress, Complete, or Closed) will be defaulted to Open.
- If another post has the exact same title, it will be overridden with the new values.