Disable vote feature
Can we totally disable votes for a workspace?
We use Canny internally and have seen our users just 'campaigning' for their canny requests amongst other departments, 'exchanging' votes as well, which has led to votes not meaning anything for us (no business interest or real meaning), and which is today just misleading for our users ('why this canny with 50 votes has not been looked at yet?' for instance)
Thanks Alexandra for bringing this up. Can you elaborate more here? How do you imagine you would use Canny without the voting system?
Sarah Hum: Hey Sarah, thank you for coming back to me!
How we use Canny today on our side:
- Collect user's feedbacks and insights
- Give visibility on what is requested in each department
- Interact with our users/have them interacting with each other directly on the canny (through comments and not votes)
- Use tag/different boards/owners to assign/organise the canny between our different squads, product managers and big topics/projects.
- Some specs may be posted on the canny afterwards by the Product managers to be reviewed/validated by users
- Once added to our roadmap - status is changed + aprox. date is added to the canny.
- Link it to GH so if a request is done, user is notified by email.
Votes are a really good idea as long as they are meaningful, we could also imagine to have only the PM/Admin being able to assign votes based on meetings/feedback collections so they remain accurate (ie - requests coming from the biggest market would not always be the ones with the more votes, but we could assign votes in a smarter way (one or two per department, depending on the 'weight' of each department).
Let me know if this is clearer. Thank you!
Thanks Alexandra! A couple things come to mind here:
- Seems like some internal education would be helpful here. Votes alone never determine what we work on. They are one important factor but, more important, is the identity behind the vote. Your internal teams might benefit from understanding what makes a vote meaningful to you.
- If you're not leveraging our segmentation feature, I'd encourage you to take a look. This would enable you to look at your feedback with only the votes that matter.
Hope that helps while we don't have the ability to disable votes!
Votes in the case of our company are very biased
We would prefer to hide this feature :)
Very good Idea!